Not sure what this totemic assemblage signifies, but it was a worthy challenge to depict in watercolor. I had brought along a chopped down clip board along with a tripod, and realized I could C-clamp them together to make a nifty watercolor workstation.
Friday, September 11, 2020
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Day two at Cape. Work in progress - oil painting of dunes and distant houses from our porch.
1. Current state
2. Set up and ready to paint.
3. Initial sketch, tape cropping to root 2 rectangle.
4. Starting to find the dark accents.
5. Blocking in the middle values, connecting the darks.
6. Starting the sky, restating the darks.
7. Me at work